November 25, 2020
The Municipality of Centre Hastings requires a Municipal By-Law Officer.
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, The Municipal By-Law Officer is responsible for enforcing the municipal by-laws of the Municipality of Centre Hastings and for providing public information to ensure the protection of residents, property and employees.
Advertisement is available here.
Job description is available here.
The Preferred Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Post-Secondary education in a recognized Law and Security Course or Municipal Bylaw Officer Certification Training. Provincial Offences Officer Designation considered an asset.
• One or more years of experience in a municipal environment.
• Sound knowledge of by-laws, regulations, legal procedures and other applicable provincial and federal legislation.
• Working knowledge of Provincial Offences court and civil procedures
• Demonstrated conflict resolutions skills
• Excellent communication skills
This position is part-time approximately 15-20 hours weekly at an hourly rate of $28.67 – $32.76 (2020 rate).
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by 1 p.m. on Tuesday December 22nd 2020 quoting “Municipal By-Law Officer” to the attention of:
Typhany Choinard, CAO/Clerk
Municipality of Centre Hastings
7 Furnace Street, P.O. Box 900 Madoc, Ontario K0K 2K0
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Act for the purpose of candidate selection.