Regular Council meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month. The meeting schedule and times are available here: 2022 Council Meeting Schedule
Do you want to address Council? Did you know you can make a delegation request? Request to Address Council – Municipality
Council agendas, minutes and bylaws are available below.
2022 Municipal Election
All information on the 2022 Municipal Election is available here.
Commissioner For Affidavits
The Commissioner For Taking Affidavits Act (provincial) designates selected municipal officials as commissioners for taking affidavits. Provision of this service is not always available and the municipal official’s designation as commissioner for taking affidavits may be limited to specific purposes. Those requiring the service of a commissioner are encouraged to call prior to attending the Town Hall to ensure that a municipal official is available.
What you will need:
- The deponent(s) (person swearing the affidavit) must appear and sign the affidavit in front of the commissioner
- You will be required to produce two pieces of government identification
- one with a photo and signature, such as a valid driver’s licence.
- The fee for this service varies depending on the document and the number of pages that require the commissioner’s signature. You can find the fee in our annual User Fee Bylaw.
Rules for Taking Affidavits
- An affidavit must be presented; the commissioner will not create or edit the affidavit.
- If you have questions or need assistance completing the affidavit document, you should contact the party/agency that asked you to complete the form.
- The commissioner for taking affidavits cannot counsel or assist deponents with completing the affidavit document.
- All information on the affidavit must be filled in before it is sworn and any enclosures mentioned must be attached.
- The deponent(s) must have read and understood the contents of the affidavit and the deponent(s) will be asked to swear or declare that the information is correct before signing the document and must sign it in front of the commissioner.
The Municipality of Centre Hastings cannot certify true copies for the public. We can only certify our own documents as set out in the Municipal Act, Commissioner for Taking Affidavits Act, and the Ontario and Federal Evidence Act. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The telephone number for the Municipality office is 613-473-4030
Everything you need to know to get a marriage license.
Everything you need to know about dog licensing with DocuPet.