Minor Variance Application

Minor Variance

A minor variance is a small variation from the requirements of the zoning bylaw. A minor variance approval is a certificate of permission, because it allows the property owner to obtain a building permit even though their property does not comply precisely with the zoning bylaw.

Step 1: Check your zoning

Step 2: Review the details of your zone

Step 3: Identify the section of the Zoning Bylaw you require relief from and fill out the application form

  • Download and fill out the Application Form and send it to planning@cenrehastings.com

Other zoning questions should be directed to the Hastings County Planning Department:

  • Emily Galloway, Planner – 613-966-1311 ext. 4003
Scroll to top