Commissioner of Oaths>
Commissioner of Oaths
The Municipality of Centre Hastings can sign documents that need the signature of a Commissioner of Oaths or Commissioner for Taking Affidavits.
The commissioning fee is $20 per document for residents or property owners of Centre Hastings. The fee increases to $25 for other individuals.
You will need to bring valid photo identification. The identification should show your full name, signature, and address.
Please contact us to see if a Commissioner of Oaths is available before you attend our office.
We have four Commissioner of Oaths that can sign documents at their discretion, including but not limited to the following:
- Travel letters and permissions;
- Proof of residency;
- Transfer of vehicle ownership;
- Pension plan and insurance claim documents;
- Municipality forms (consent/severance applications, etc.);
- Other government-related forms
The Commissioner of Oaths will not sign documents related to:
- Wills, testaments, and estates;
- Powers of Attorney;
- Divorce, separation or custody;
- Real estate;
- Court documents or any documents related to court proceedings;
- Any other documents requiring a Notary Public