Centre Hastings Garbage and Recycling Collection:
Tuesday: Madoc Village
Wednesday: South of the Village to Slab Street
Thursday: Slab Street and South
Garbage Bag Requirements:
For garbage pickup, please only use clear bags – Maximum of 2 clear bags per household. The maximum weight per garbage bag needs to be no more than 40LB . M
Garbage must be out for collection by 7:00am
All clear bag household garbage received at the landfill will be subject to a fee of $3.50 per bag or charged by weight whichever is deemed appropriate.
Please Note: “There is no pick-up of recyclable and collectable household garbage on statutory holidays. All routes affected by statutory holidays will be picked up when regular service resumes the following week. (By-Law 2019-70, S.4.0 g).”
COVID-19 Safe Waste Disposal Guidelines for the Public
These guidelines are being put in place as a precautionary measure to protect the health of collectors who handle thousands of receptables each week. Please protect your collector and take caution in handling your garbage.
- Place used tissues and napkins securely in a garbage bag.
- Wash your hands afterwards.
- Used liners for food waste should be placed securely inside the garbage bag.
- Do not place waste loosely in garbage containers
- If you are sick – place ANY item that has come into contact with your mouth, nose or eyes into a secure garbage bag.
- Bag all waste. Garbage bags must be tied tightly
- If you visit the landfill site please remember to practice social distancing and where possible refrain from making payments using cash.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not put out your garbage or recycling if you are self-isolating or quarantined until the isolation period has ended. Please help us to protect our staff and community.
For information on Recycling please click on the links below:
Landfill and Recycling Depot Hours:
In light of COVID-19 we ask that you please remember to practice social distancing when visiting the landfill site. We also ask that where possible you avoid making payments using cash.
Leaf and Yard Waste Collection
The Municipality is collecting Leaf and Yard Waste on your regular waste pickup day only. See the 2021 schedule below:
– Week of May 2
– Week of October 17
– Week of October 31
Madoc Village Pickup:
– Week of May 9
– Week of October 24
– Week of November 7
– Grass clippings, twigs/branches, leaves, plant material (no soil).
– Sod/soil, stumps and root balls, rock and stones, plastic of any kind.
Have your leaf and yard waste out by 7am on your regular pickup day during the weeks above. Tie brush into bundles no longer than 3ft. with material no larger than 2″ in diameter. Only use paper yard waste bags. Each bag must not weigh more than 40lbs (18kg). Roll the bags down to keep out rain and snow.