Please note: There will be no garbage collection on Labour Day (7th Sept, 2020). The regular service for those affected will resume the following week. All other days will remain the same. Recycling will be collected as usual on Labour Day. In addition the Landfill will be closed on Monday 7th September, 2020, so that staff can observe the Labour Day Holiday. Thank you for your cooperation.
Centre Hastings Garbage and Recycling Collection:
Tuesday: Madoc Village
Wednesday: South of the Village to Slab Street
Thursday: Slab Street and South
Bagged Garbage only, please use clear bags – Maximum of 2 clear bags per household.
Garbage must be out for collection by 7:00am
Effective November 1, 2019 all clear bag household garbage received at the landfill will be subject to a fee of $2.50 per bag or charged by weight whichever is deemed appropriate.
Please Note: “There is no pick-up of recyclable and collectable household garbage on statutory holidays. All routes affected by statutory holidays will be picked up when regular service resumes the following week. (By-Law 2019-70, S.4.0 g).”
COVID-19 Safe Waste Disposal Guidelines for the Public
These guidelines are being put in place as a precautionary measure to protect the health of collectors who handle thousands of receptables each week. Please protect your collector and take caution in handling your garbage.
- Place used tissues and napkins securely in a garbage bag.
- Wash your hands afterwards.
- Used liners for food waste should be placed securely inside the garbage bag.
- Do not place waste loosely in garbage containers
- If you are sick – place ANY item that has come into contact with your mouth, nose or eyes into a secure garbage bag.
- Bag all waste. Garbage bags must be tied tightly
- If you visit the landfill site please remember to practice social distancing and where possible refrain from making payments using cash.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not put out your garbage or recycling if you are self-isolating or quarantined until the isolation period has ended. Please help us to protect our staff and community.
For information on Recycling please click on the links below:
Landfill and Recycling Depot Hours:
Please be advised that the landfill site will be closed on July 1st due to the public holiday.
In light of COVID-19 we ask that you please remember to practice social distancing when visiting the landfill site. We also ask that where possible you avoid making payments using cash.